American Flyer Catalog
- We added an American Flyer Layout by Ray Puls to the
Copies of Gilbert Advertising
Scanned copies of some American Flyer and Gilbert advertisements on the Gilbert Advertising page.
The Story of The A. C. Gilbert Company
Club Member Tom Barker has produced a YouTube video telling the story of the A. C. Gilbert Company. 2013 was the 100th Anniversary of the introduction of the ERECTOR SET. This is the story of that event and the company behind it. It also shows the era of the heyday of the company and then its eventual demise and why that happened due to sociological changes.
Layout Pictures & Videos
- An American Flyer Layout by Ray Puls on the
- An American Flyer Layout By Thomas Barker.
12/07/2010 - The following link is to
Eral’s American Flyer Table-top Train Layout blog
12/07/2010 - Several pictures of his layout contributed by Martin Lukatch.
10/06/2010 - American
Flyer Train Layout Pro Video
A video from Carl Tuveson (www.tuveson.com) on YouTube. It shows the American Flyer Big Boy using a TMCC Servo Controlled Pan Head on a Key Chain Camera Car. See Carl's new video on the Layout Videos page (the second one down).
Three member layouts have been added to the website.
See more layouts on our Member Layouts page. And remember, we would like to feature your layouts on this website. We are always looking for pictures of member's current or early American Flyer layouts (with captions and/or articles) to post. Any layout is fun and there are many kinds of American Flyer layouts from the very basic tracks around the Christmas tree to the largest, most complete and complex layouts. We would like to see them all.
Featuring American Flyer Displays
An entire website
dedicated to preserving the history of the classic Gilbert American Flyer
Our Videos page has links to YouTube videos of American Flyer trains from the past as well as videos of some current layouts.
Also on the page is a link to our Member's layout videos.
On the "1950s Television Shows" page are copies of the "You Asked For It' television show episode and two commercials from the 50's and 60's.
Flyer Links & Other Links pages
We are just beginning to add links to the list that we hope will
eventually become a valuable reference for all American Flyer enthusiasts.
To A Man about
to Buy an Electric Train for His Boy
electric train is an important step for most people. It frequently represents a
sizeable investment, not only in dollars but in hours of future happiness for
that boy of yours and for you.
A. C. Gilbert Company, Gilbert Hall of Science
are the registered trademarks
Graphics, Scans and Photographs are the property of their respective owners.
Information posted on this website is intended to provide general information that may be of interest to American Flyer Club (AFC) members. AFC does not warrant the accuracy of the information as posted on this web site.
Confidential Information: TheAFC does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our website. Any non-personal information or material sent to the AFC will be deemed not to be confidential. By sending the AFC any information or material, you grant the AFC an unrestricted license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials and information, and you also agree that the AFC is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose. Use of Website Content: Unless otherwise noted, you may view, copy and print documents on this website subject to the following conditions:
· The document may not be modified or changed in any way.
· The document may be used solely for personal, informational, non-commercial purposes.
· The documents do not include the design or layout of this website. Elements of this website are protected by copyright and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. Links to Third-Party Websites: The AFC Website provides links to websites which are not created, published, maintained, or posted by the AFC as a convenience to our site viewers. The AFC does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these websites, and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or relevance of the information provided on these websites. Use of information contained on these other websites is undertaken at the reader's sole risk, and the AFC shall not be liable for any such use or reliance on the information provided. Host: This website was created and is currently maintained and hosted for the AFC by volunteers at the Nordhorn Corporation - Contact Randy Thompson.
Portions Copyright © 2009, 2016 by the American Flyer Club